You will need the correct firmware (.cfu extension) file for tftp download. Contact Connect Tech to get the correct version of the firmware. Say, you got ‘BHN5272uClinux_1.58C.cfu’ firmware file to restore. Following are the steps to follow
1. prepare a SCM cable to connect to the unit using SCM, you’ll find information in ‘SCM Cabling requirements’ page-21/22 in the manual.
2. Connect to SCM using some terminal emulator (9600 baudrate) like ‘putty’ etc. and enter ‘password’; you’ll find information in ‘Getting Access to the SCM’ page-25/26.
3. Store the firmware file ‘BHN5272uClinux_1.58C.cfu’ for tftp download.
4. From SCM prepare the unit’s ip address 220.127.116.11, server address 18.104.22.168 and gateway address 22.214.171.124 by following
scm> net mip=126.96.36.199 sip=188.8.131.52 gip=184.108.40.206
5. Save the settings
scm(not saved)> save
6. Now, start the firmware download process (you will need tftpserver running)
scm> update -os sip=220.127.116.11 file=BHN5272uClinux_1.58C.cfu
7. enter ‘y’
Continue with the Download and FLASH re-programming (y/n)? -> y
8. It may ask the following question if the last version matches the current one, enter ‘y’
Do you want to save it to the FLASH anyway? (y/n)-> y
9. Finally ‘exit’ will reboot the unit with the restored firmware